Get Your Tax Refund Faster*
with FREE Direct Deposit** on the Xpectations!® Prepaid Mastercard®
PLS is here to help you make the most out of this tax season. Have your tax refund direct deposited onto your Xpectations! Prepaid Mastercard account for FASTER ACCESS* to your money.
Direct Deposit is SAFE, SECURE and FREE.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE CARD:
It's easy! Just stop by any PLS Check Cashers location with a valid government or foreign ID.***
HOW TO SET UP DIRECT DEPOSIT OF YOUR TAX REFUND:
1. You will need to have your account and routing number available. You can locate them 3 ways:
- In the PLS Mobile app
- By calling customer service at 1-866-679-4869
- Asking one of our store associates to print your direct deposit form
2. When preparing your taxes, fill out the refund section of Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ:
- Write in the 9-digit Routing number: 031101169
- Mark an X in the "Checking" box beside the Routing number
- Write in your Xpectations! Prepaid Mastercard 17-digit Account number under the 'Account number' section of your 1040, example below
The example above is for illustrative purposes only, based on IRS Form 1040, Year 2021. The line numbers may vary. The instructions above have been prepared for informational purposes only and are not intended to provide, and should not be relied upon for, tax advice.
3. Your refund will automatically deposit onto your Xpectations! Prepaid Mastercard -giving you access to your money faster* than a check. You can then start using your card to shop, eat out and more!
BENEFITS OF THE XPECTATIONS! PREPAID MASTERCARD:
- Save money on check cashing fees
- Carry your money safely
- Pay your bills or shop online, use it everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted
- Reload the card at no-cost at any PLS Check Cashers location
- Use the PLS Mobile App to check your deposits, balance and more
- Sign up for direct deposit of your payroll checks and government benefits, in addition to your tax refund!
Have questions or want to learn more? Visit your neighborhood PLS Check Cashers location.
For customers who have an existing Xpectations!® Visa® Prepaid Card:
You can continue to use your Xpectations! Visa Prepaid card or switch at NO COST† to the Xpectations! Prepaid Mastercard. Existing direct deposits will transfer automatically.
Fees apply to your purchase and use of the Xpectations!® Prepaid Mastercard®. See Cardholder Agreement at www.pls247.com/xpectations for terms and details, including conditions and your obligations related to unauthorized transactions. Card issuance is subject to identity verification. The Xpectations! Prepaid Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. This card can be used everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted.
*Faster access to funds is based on comparison of traditional banking policies and deposit of paper checks from government agencies versus deposits made electronically. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds is subject to payer's support of the feature and timing of payer's funding.
** NOTE: A tax refund may only be direct deposited into an account that is in your name. If you file a joint return, the name and Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) of the first person listed on your tax return must match the name and SSN or ITIN on the account. If a tax refund is directed to an account that is not in your name, it may be rejected and returned to the IRS. No more than three electronic refunds can be deposited into a single financial account or prepaid card. If you exceed this limit, you will receive notice from the IRS and a paper check refund.
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Fees apply to your purchase and use of the Xpectations! Visa Prepaid Card. See Cardholder Agreement at www.pls247.com/xpectations!/visa for terms and details, including conditions and your obligations related to unauthorized transactions. Card issuance is subject to identity verification. The Xpectations! Visa Prepaid Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, N.A., Member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
†There is no card purchase fee when customers switch from an Xpectations! Visa Prepaid Card to an Xpectations! Prepaid Mastercard. All other fees will apply in accordance with the Cardholder Agreement.
All trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. PLS Financial Services, Inc. ©2023